Thursday, July 5, 2012

Elizabeth Frank


Couple - Kissing Birds No. 5 - Union Series
"I'm a full time artist living in the the southwestern United States. Most of my artworks are carved from fallen aspen that I gather in the mountains of Northern Arizona and New Mexico. I make at least one trip annually to the mountains to gather the aspen that I’ll use over the course of the year. My visits to the forest are like a pilgrimage. Every time I return I’m inspired by the strength and the delicacy of the natural world. I combine the carved wood with an assortment of found, antique and reclaimed materials. When I'm not in my studio I like to spend time outside observing the goings on of the bugs and birds and the passing clouds. The intricate balance between humans and the natural world is an ongoing theme in my artwork. I try to walk lightly on the earth."
bio written by Elizabeth via her etsy profile
FACEBOOK * ETSY * BLOG * WEBSITE

1 comment:

Elizabeth Frank said...

Thank you Jenny! xo~Elizabeth