Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blue Sky Pottery


Blue Bowl in robin's egg blue - hearts
"I am a studio potter who works in porcelain and stoneware creating one of a kind, functional pottery including whimsical teapots and tea cups, bowls, casseroles, plates, tumblers, platters, vases and tiles. I have studied under such renowned potters as Clary Illian, Lorna Meaden, Chris Gustin, Steven Hill, Diana Fayt, Meira Mathison, Sylvie Granitelli, Julia Galloway, Bonnie Seeman, Sarah Jaeger, and Sandi Pierantozzi. From each of these wonderful artists, I usually take away a new technique or way of creating that I then incorporate into my own pottery voice. I am a founding member of the Steamboat Clay Artisans and work with this group on an annual Soup Bowl Supper fundraiser, a holiday sale, summer farmer's market, and educational programs. If you're ever in Steamboat -- we have a great ski mountain and wonderful hiking trails -- please stop into my studio/gallery and say hi. My work is featured in Best Of America Pottery and Woodworking Artists & Artisans Vol.1 by Kennedy Publishing. And it is featured in the November 2010 issue of AARP magazine."
bio written by Deb via her etsy profile
WEBSITE * ETSY

No comments: