Wednesday, October 6, 2010

that old blue house


Retrieved Vintage Lace Earrings
"I have worked with stained glass for over 20 years. My jewelry evolved from my love of antiques. I collect vintage textiles and postcards, and I had to finance my collecting addiction!! That was how That Old Blue House was born.
My Vintage lace & quilt jewelry pays homage to the women who created these works of art many years ago. I only use tattered pieces of fabric & give them a "second life", to be enjoyed by a new generation.
I also create jewelry that I just like, not necessarily vintage, just fun!!
I only use silver solder, and most of my jewelry uses micro-thin glass. I find this glass produces a nice light-weight piece, with lots of opportunity to put things between 2 pieces!!
My jewelry has been featured in Lucky Magazine, Anthropologie, Quilters Home Magazine, The Quilter Magazine, And Quiltmaker Magazine."
bio found via the etsy profile
WEBSITE * ETSY * FACEBOOK * TWITTER

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a beautiful use of vintage lace!