Friday, September 30, 2011

cathy cullis


Charm - mixed media folk art doll
"Born London 1969. I am an Arts Graduate with both a BA hons and a MA - despite the academic side to me, I'm very much a self-taught creative artist. I work in my small studio space, listening to music and surrounded by my favourite collections of art and craft.
I'm also a published poet. I received an Eric Gregory award for poetry in 1996 from the Society of Authors. My work has been published in a variety of journals and I've had a couple of pamplet/chapbook collections published. Currently working on many new poems....
I love to make things with my own two hands, using simple materials: thread, fabric, paper....
I have a love of history, art history, folklore, memory, folk art, nostalgia, design and fashion. I delight in the work of many other artists, especially the outsider Madge Gill, the poet/artist William Blake, countless historical painters, as well as modern textile artist Alice Kettle.
I have exhibited work in the UK and US. My work has been featured in various magazine / journals both in the US and UK."
bio written by Cathy via her etsy profile
BLOG * ETSY

1 comment:

Cathy Cullis said...

Thank you for this kind feature Jenny!