Saturday, December 4, 2010

chasing the crayon


Original Art, Mermaid and Fish painting
"I am a freelance Illustrator, living on the border of England and Wales, surrounded by beautiful countryside.
My visual interests are character led, narrative images. I work mainly in pencil and watercolour with a dash of collage. I find this approach suits the way I work and the mood I want to create. I am inspired by words, stories, poems and very tall tall tales. Other inspiration is gleaned from choice finds in second hand bookshops or on colourful flea market stalls. My work is an assortment of eccentric individuals in a variety of guises; playful, humorous and a touch surreal.
I want to develop my own narrative, create frivolous and quirky drawings. Most of all I aim to keep the work fresh and interesting, for myself and anyone who cares to cast an eye over it."
bio written by ChasingTheCrayon via her etsy profile
PORTFOLIO * BLOG * ETSY

No comments: