Sunday, September 30, 2012

uncorked


Wine Cork Board - It's a Cupcake War - upcycled by Uncorked
"Welcome to Uncorked™ the most fantabulous cork jewelry on the planet - handmade by Cat Ivins of Olive Bites Studio. YIPPEE - I was Etsy's featured seller on 9/9/9 - My interview is here I am a mad scientist mom living life uncorked and out of the test tube at the beautiful Jersey shore. I seek to repurpose sustainable materials in unique and beautiful ways and leave the lightest possible footprint in my wake! Cork is the bark of the cork oak tree. My cork is grown in managed forests in Portugal where the bark is carefully harvested, once every nine years, in a centuries-old tradition with hand tools and without fertilizers or pesticides; a process that ensures the forests will remain undamaged! Stop by my other shop celebrating the amazing magnet: http://polarity.etsy.com Check out my blog at http://www.olivebites.blogspot.com for great eco tips, weekly giveaways, updates and shop sales! Buy your wine with cork stoppers and support the cork forests and the people of Portugal! (please note winery label names shown on wine cork pieces may vary from what you receive as all wine cork jewelry is made to order - some corks are labeled with writing on the sides of the corks and some on the cork ends) I currently recycle cork for many bars and restaurants at the Jersey shore and you can always send cork to me for reuse or recycle- just convo me for details! Please note: Etsy is not a place to find ideas to copy or imitate. I take my intellectual property seriously as it is my livelihood. Please do not recreate any portion of the copyrighted or trademarked material in my shop. I have taken the time and energy to produce original work and I encourage other artists to do the same. Thank you for understanding. xo"
bio written by Cat via her etsy profile

No comments: