Wednesday, April 25, 2012

midnight coiler

Gourd Birdhouse Red Hand Carved Painted Hanging Nest Box for Small Birds "My name is Lynn and my passion is working with gathered and grown materials from nature. I love creating art from scratch-- from the ground up, exploring the possibilities that plants provide. Many hours are spent responsibly collecting and preparing naturals before they are made into art. My specialties are carving gourds by hand and coiled and twined basketry. Each piece is one of a kind, and the ancient techniques employed in gathering, preparation and creation are labor and skill intensive. I organically grow my own gourds. A small kiln allows me to create my own rustic stoneware embellishments. I use other techniques as well, often mixing media to the max. My work has won over 100 awards in venues such as various Fine Art Shows, the North Carolina Basketmakers Association, and gourd shows. 10% of my profits go to KIVA. "Loans that change lives" Kiva's mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty. Individual entrepreneurs receive and pay back loans, which can then be loaned to others. http://www.kiva.org" bio written by Lynn Hoyt via her etsy profile ETSY * FACEBOOK * WEBSITE * BLOG

4 comments:

Midnightcoiler said...

Lovely blog! Thank you so much. :) What a nice surprise.

Enchanted Beehive said...

What a Beautiful Gourd Birdhouse! Midnightcoiler on Etsy has a Wonderful Shop with Unique Items!

Lisa

Unknown said...

I love Lynn's work, what a wonderful feature!! :o)

Jaci said...

I love Lynn's work - and have several of her pieces! Great artist to feature :)