Tuesday, September 7, 2010

small impressions

I made some pickled beets today...

Original Oil Painting - Tomato Preserves
"I am an artist living in Washington State. My artistic life began in elementary school when I was introduced to oil painting. I have explored various other media and spent a considerable amount of time focused on quilting and textile arts. Now I spend most of my time painting. My paintings have won awards, appeared in juried competitions, and are in private collections around the world. I have been gallery represented in the past, but prefer to sell directly to collectors. If you would like to see more of my paintings, you may visit my painting blog or my Flickr photostream. The links are at the bottom of this page.
I use professional grade oil paints for my paintings. They are created on gessoed hardboard panels, stretched canvas, or canvas covered panels. Gessoed hardboard panels and stretched canvas will last for more than a life time and are considered archival quality. Canvas panels are a less expensive surface that will last many years if kept away from moisture and displayed in a dry, temperate environment. Moisture and extreme variations in temperature may cause warping of canvas panels."
bio written by Nancy via her etsy profile
ETSY * BLOG * TWITTER * FLICKR

1 comment: