Friday, May 21, 2010

raw hemline


RawHemline's Bio:
I have been making/altering my own clothes since I was 14 or 15 years old...
I used to complain that there was nothing in the mainstream shops that I liked...everything seemed too crisp, neat, and, well... ordinary. My mum always said that the clothes I wanted didn't exist!!
I realize now that she was right...
Having gone through various phases in my own personal journey, the pattern that I see emerge when I look back- and obviously which has touched every aspect of my life- including the way I dress- is one of recovery from tremendous pain to increasingly more wonderful levels of restoration and joy.
This relatively new found freedom has released my creative abilities to a much higher degree and there has been such a profound overflow of life pouring out of me, that I can't help but create.
Each art work is simply a 'sound' or reflection of my life at present.
When I am creating a piece, I feel utterly lost in wonder and awe, much like a child...
I have a beautiful husband and 2 little ones, and wear my vintage ethereal dresses down to the supermarket, because I believe everyday can be celebrated. Everyday is remarkable.
My wardrobe ranges from 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s clothing. I favor bold orangy reds and teals, and silver and gold lurex. I also love - of course- the traditional ethereal colours of soft dusty pinks, creams and earthy tones.
If I see something I like and can't afford to buy it, I'll just try make it.
I love the awkward balance between the 'delicate' and the 'overstated'.
ETSY * BLOG * TWITTER * FLICKR

No comments: