Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hannah Longmuir


Christmas Card - Red Squirrel - Pencil Drawing
"I'm Hannah Longmuir. I'm 25 years old and I'm lucky enough to live in the beautiful Scottish Borders. I have a little black puppy called Buddy and a very ancient grumpy budgie called Chirpy. I work from a garden shed which has a view of the Cheviot Hills. I share my shed with spiders and swallows and snails. My work is inspired by the animals and landscape around me. I aim to create a small place of quiet and a sense of calm. My weapon of choice is my pencil, and using it I explore the world around me. I'm constantly surprised and delighted by the things I find. I quit my job in May 2011 and moved back to the Borders to start my business. As well as selling cards and brooches through fairs and shops, I undertake drawing comissions of animals and landscapes. As well as arting, I like day trips and red wine; I collect postcards; and seeing a heron makes me happy."
bio written by Hannah via her etsy profile
FACEBOOK * WEBSITE * ETSY * BLOG

No comments: